With over 20 million downloads, Fing is the number 1 free network scanner for Android and iOS. The app allows you to quickly and easily scan any network you are connected to in order to see what other devices are also connected.
Fing app features – what does the Fing app do?
As well as scanning a network, Fing also has the following networking features:
- Service Scan: Device port scanning to detect any available services
- Device Ping: Ping a devices and check the device’s response time
- Wake-on-LAN: Wake up devices remotely using the Fing application
- Device Details: Get device NetBIOS, UPNP and Bonjour: name properties and device type
- NEW – Mobile Internet Speed Test: Measuring the bandwidth and latency of an Internet connection against a server. The data rate is evaluated in both direction: upload and download.
In addition to the feature above, creating a free Fing account will also allow you to access to the following features:
- Digital Inventory: with an account you can name the devices on your network, allowing you to create and store a digital inventory of your devices.
- Alerts: This stored digital inventory then allows Fing to identify and alert you when new devices have accessed your network since the last time you scanned.
- Web app: With a Fing account you can also store your previous scans and access them via our web app, from wherever you are in the world
Fing’s powerful network scanning abilities make it the best app for knowing who and what is on your network.
More network security & troubleshooting features
Fingbox, our hardware add-on for the free Fing app, unlocks more network security and troubleshooting features including; device blocking, bandwidth analysis, internet speed, Wi-Fi speed, network history, alerts, DigitalFence and more.