You should normally be able to find your Fingbox easily by following the steps in the Connecting Fingbox guide. If you are having any trouble, please read the following.
Login to your Fingbox Account
Make sure you are Logged in to your Fing account. To Login to your account:
- If you are Logged in an avatar will appear in the top right – if you are not logged in a cog icon will appear instead.
- If no avatar appears, then click on the cog icon. Either click SIGN IN NOW – this will take you through to a screen where you can either log in or create an account.
Finding your Fingbox
- Power up your Fingbox
- Wait for the GREEN LED circle on the top of Fingbox to appear (NOT the green LED on the ethernet port)
- Connect your phone to a network that can see the Fingbox
- Launch the Fing app and run a scan
- Wait for the Fingbox activation pop up
Solving common issues
a) The top circle LEDs never turn GREEN. There is only a WHITE led.
This means that there is a problem with the system startup. Try turning the device off at the wall and on again. Please ensure that the Fingbox is plugged directly into the wall power source as opposed to a power extender.
Please also ensure that you are using the micro USB provided. If this does not work, as a troubleshoot (to identify if there is an issue with the cable or the unit itself), if you have another micro USB, please try this to see if it is successful.
b) The top circle is GREEN but the Fingbox is not found
Make sure to connect the Fingbox to your main router or WiFi access point.
Disconnect Wi-Fi extenders or powerline bridges.
The impact of your Network Size
If your network is normal (/24), you should have not problem onboarding Fingbox. If your network is bigger (/12 or /16), then it takes longer for Fingbox to discover the devices on larger networks during first time setup, so as soon as Fingbox appears in the device list you’ll know it’s been found.
Fingbox is compatible with Firewalls. Due to the distributed and resilient design of Fing services, we recommend giving Fing app and Fingbox access to the full Internet. If you want to limit outbound connections and still ensure minimum functionality, make sure to allow Fingbox to reach any IP address on the following TCP ports: 80, 443, 4443, 5671.
Still having trouble after completing these steps?
Please contact us on email@example.com and indicate:
- Your device’s MAC address (available on the Fing app itself, or on the cardboard box and on the leaflet)
- Your Fing Account email
- Your Fingbox order number
- Name of WiFi network you connected the Fingbox to
- Fingbox LED status: are they blinking green, or does it show a different color/effect?
- Firewall: let us know if you have a firewall protecting your home or just a broadband router
If you have any questions in relation to your specific network layout, please visit the Fing Community where we have a wide network of users and experts who are happy to help https://community.fing.com/